- 4 tbsp Changing Habits Chia Seeds
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1/2 cup Changing Habits Cacao Wafers
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup hazelnut meal or almond meal
- 125g Changing Habits Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Changing Habits Rapadura Sugar - see below for low sugar alternative
- 2 tsps homemade Changing Habits Vanilla Essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarb
Low sugar alternative:
Omit the rapadura sugar if you need to, and add in 1 1/2 cups of grated green apple, 10 drops of liquid stevia and 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
If you are suspicious of having the banana in the recipe still, the sugar will be released into the blood a lot slower due to the fat and protein content within the cake, so don't be scared. It also gives a delicious flavour.
For a delicious ginger and cinnamon spice...
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 - 3/4 tbsp dried ginger (taste the mix and add more if you like!)
The ganache recipe can be found HERE.
1. Preheat the oven for 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Soak chia seeds in 1 cup of water until all water is absorbed.
3.While they are soaking, blend the cacao wafers till fine, then add the banana to be blended as well (or you can mash the banana by hand). If you have a large blender, you can keep adding all the ingredients into the blender, or transfer the ingredients into a large bowl.
4. Combine all ingredients and blend or hand mix until well combined.
5. Line the cake tin with extra coconut oil or butter to prevent it from sticking, and pour the mix in. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, smother with the icing/mousse and enjoy like this, or serve with seasonal fruit and dusted with extra cinnamon.